Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kiwi berries from Europe
Nergi fruit arrives in UK supermarkets
Tiny French-grown, green kiwi berries, known as Nergi fruit, are launching in three major supermarkets (including M&S and Lidl) for the first time this September, when they come into season. They might become the UK's next favourite superfood as they are high in fibre, vitamin C and are very low-calorie with just 52 kcal per 100g.
The berries, which have been grown in Asia for 1,000 years but have only recently been cultivated naturally in France and other European regions, are also said to contain a high amount of free radical-fighting vitamin E, with 5.28mg per 100g, which is 44 per cent of your daily recommended intake.
The fruit also contains potassium, with more than strawberries, and blueberries, and has a high fibre content. However despite its health benefits, Harley Street nutritionist Rhiannon Lambert has warned fruit fans not to rely on these berries as a miracle cure, telling The Daily Mail: 'There is no such thing as a superfood.'
Publication date: 7/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: