Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cuba: Ciego de Avila recovers its plantain crop
Several Cuban provinces benefit from the plantain deliveries of the companies of Ciego de Avila, which aspires to collect more than 40,000 tons of this food this year.
The increasing productions will allow a stable commercialization of this fruit in the state agricultural markets, which are being affected by the deficit of other fruits and vegetables this season, due to the intense heat and continuous rains that are affecting some crops.
The varieties with greater presence are the male plantain, burro plantain, large dwarf, and Cavendish variety, which are harvested in several entities, among which the Empresa de Cultivos Varios La Cuba, the largest producer of bananas in the country, stands out.
The increase in plantain deliveries shows that banana sector of the province of Ciego de Avila, which also supplies hotels and tourism centers, is gradually recovering. The plantain is highly valued for its vitamins, carbohydrates and potassium, among other properties.
Publication date: 7/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: