Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Avocado supplier President on Peru season this year
It’s been a busy season at Index Fresh, with marketing California avocados as well as AvoTerra by Index Fresh from Mexico, Peru and Chile. Index Fresh is a major supplier out of Peru and covers the season from May to September.
“We cover the full season by geographically spreading our sourcing from north to south. We work with packers in Peru that are food safety certified. We set up programs with Peruvian fruit that deal with promotions, timing, forward pricing, and allowing us to supply customers consistently throughout the season,” said Dana Thomas, President and CEO of Index Fresh.
“The Peruvian deal is a little late this year because of La Niña, which manifests itself in cooler weather and delayed maturity. We will see shipments into the United States into September,” he said.
The Peruvian fruit is extremely important in supporting demand in the US market. It provides a significant amount of fruit from May to September and fills retailers’ needs for programs during the summertime.
“We first visited Peru back in 1998 and started building relationships. I think that one of the benefits that Index Fresh offers is that we have strong relationships with both the exporters and the growers in Peru,” said Thomas.
Index Fresh said it is proud to be one of the first companies to participate in the Peruvian deal.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (909) 877-1577
Publication date: 7/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: