Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Durian supply shortage raises price
The price of durians showed an upward tendency last week. The main reasons for this development are as follows: first, there is a temporary shortage of production areas. Suppliers are running out of stock. The main production areas of durian are Thailand and Vietnam. Thai durians dominate the market. The durian plantations in the east of Thailand and in Vietnam are near the end of their supply season. At the same time, durians from the south of Thailand matured late this year. This has created a temporary gap in durian supply.
Second, supply and demand are unbalanced. While the supply is temporarily low, the demand continues to grow, which increases the price. Third, the consumption level continues to increase and the demand for durians keeps growing. This also has a slight influence on the price of durian.
Source: Henan Wanbang Market
Publication date: 7/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: