Job offersmore »
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Trucco expands TruStar brand with lime program
New York based importer, A.J. Trucco, has expanded its TruStar brand by introducing a lime program. Sourced from Veracruz Mexico, this program was established to maintain year-round supply. The TruStar brand was chosen due to the increasing receptiveness in the market to branded produce.
"Trucco began shipping the first limes branded with the TruStar label this spring," said Sasha LoPresti, Director of Business Development for A.J. Trucco. "To launch, TruStar Limes will be sourced from Veracruz Mexico and the company will play an integral role in ensuring the finest quality goes from farm to shelf. With branded produce becoming increasingly more important in store, we feel the addition of limes to our TruStar brand is a natural complement to our current TruStar offering.”
To help with the launch of the year-round program, Trucco said it was vital to build trusted relationships with partners from each end of the industry. The company noted that their long-term experience in the importing of fresh produce helped to establish these connections.
"A.J. Trucco prides its self on working closely with our partners through every step of the process to ensure we can deliver the best quality product possible," LoPresti shared. "We've been connecting growers and retailers for over 70 years and our quality produce stems from premium relationships.
Now that the lime program has been established, Trucco are now busy distributing the TruStar label limes around the country. LoPresti noted that having the availability of year-round supply was something they want consumers to associate with the brand, based on the increased demand for this in the market now.
"Customer demand for a year-round supply continues to increase and we actively look to best serve our clients' needs," she said. "We have been able to establish supply of a premium product, which allows us to now offer limes at any time of the year. It was only natural to brand them under the recognizable TruStar label."
"TruStar Limes will be available in a 10 lb box and retails packs, which will feature the recognizable, color coordinated logo mark and engaging design," LoPresti continued. “We have the ability to distribute limes across the United State and know that the extension of our brand will translate to strong sales in-store, just in time for the summer season.”
For more information:
A.J. Trucco, Inc.
Tel: +1 (718) 893-3060
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: