Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Greenyard takes recall initiative for frozen vegetables from HungaryIn line with a decision passed by the Hungarian Food Safety Agency dated 29 June 2018, Greenyard is recalling frozen vegetables from its Hungary-based plant, which were produced between 13 August 2016 and 20 June 2018.
This measure is taken in the framework of a potential listeria contamination of frozen products produced in its Hungary based facility in Baja. It relates to a specific type of listeria, which might incur health risks if frozen vegetables are not properly cooked before consumption.
Products involved include frozen corn, peas, beans, spinach and sorrel. The recall initiative of these products does not imply that they are actually contaminated, and Greenyard is committed to taking a maximum of precautionary measures as food safety is Greenyard’s number one priority and Greenyard wants its commitment to food safety to be clear towards its customers and end consumers.
As to ensure that all products we ship to our customers are safe to consume, Greenyard is taking a range of supporting measures:
• Greenyard is notifying the relevant food agencies with strong commitment to full transparency and is working closely together with all competent authorities who will take decisions for their specific jurisdictions.
• To eliminate the root cause, Greenyard has stopped production in its Baja facility at this stage and is conducting an in-depth review of the production lines.
• Greenyard will provide all useful information and support to its customers.
• Greenyard is looking into alternative sourcing possibilities to supply its customers.
Currently, Greenyard is not yet in a position to estimate the financial impact of this recall initiative and will inform the market at a later stage when more information is available. The turnover of Greenyard Frozen Hungary for AY 2017/2018 amounts to €24m.
For additional information, please contact:
Tel: +32 15 32 42 96
Tel: +32 15 32 42 96
Publication date: 7/4/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: