Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Banana farming generates income for Bangladeshi farmers
Famers of different upazilas (sub-districts) in the district of Rajshahi have gained a solid income from commercial banana farming. The cultivation of bananas has recently gained in popularity across the region.
This year, a total of 1,496 hectares of land were brought under banana cultivation. Last year, most farmers could not generate an adequate income because of the low price of bananas prevailing at that time. Currently, farmers say banana farming is more profitable than that of any other crop. Different types of bananas -including Anupam, Chapa, Meher Sagor and Manik- are being cultivated across the district on a commercial basis.
If any farmer spends TK 20,000-25,000 (€205-255), he can earn TK 80,000-1,00000 (€825-1030) by cultivating bananas per bigha (1,338 m2) of land. It is not difficult to sell bananas, farmers of the district told The Bangladesh Post.
Publication date: 7/3/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: