Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Combating food waste
British schoolgirl invents clever fruit bowlRumaan Malik, who is just 11-years-old, wanted to help cut back on the £13 billion worth of produce that ends up in the bin each year. So she invented a simple, but clever piece of tableware.
Her fruit bowl, named the 'Alarm Cup', has been crowned the winner of the Ocado Food Waste Challenge with Little Inventors. The device, which features a mini touchscreen display with icons for different produce, alerts its owner two days before its contents are about to expire.
Currently in development phase, it can also pair with Ocado’s shopping app to prompt users to use up fruit with waste-fighting recipes such as apple crumble and banana bread. Judges praised her device for challenging disrupting habits and routine thought processes.
According to mirror.co.uk, Rumaan’s invention will be showcased as part of the Little Inventors stand at the Great Exhibition of the North this summer from now until Sunday 9 September.
Publication date: 7/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: