Job offersmore »
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Packaging Automation Ltd supports reduction of plastic wasteWith the launch of the UK Plastics Pact to address the impact plastic waste is having on the environment, retailers and manufacturers are more conscious of single use and non-recyclable plastics and want to cater for the green consumer.
The industry is turning to various kinds of eco-friendly packaging with the aim of reducing plastic packaging waste by improving the reuse, recycling and compostability of the packaging used. By packaging more products in recyclable plastic and non-plastic trays, we can prevent tonnes of plastic ending up as waste.
Packaging Automation’s tray sealing machines are compatible with a variety of recycled plastic, recyclable and compostable materials.
Examples of the pack formats that are successfully being sealed include soft fruit punnets made out of RPET, a recycled plastic; biodegradable plant based plastics such as PLA which is a material made from renewable resources like corn starch or sugar cane; lined and unlined cardboard packs; pressed board trays which are widely recyclable (and provide a 90% reduction in plastic when compared to a tray made entirely out of plastic); and aluminium foil trays containing straight to oven products such as ready meals or mixed prepared vegetables.
The seal technology team at Packaging Automation has recently been working closely with Evesham Specialist Packaging (ESP) to develop a heat sealable pulp board pack, which is a brand new biodegradable, recyclable and compostable plastic alternative tray. This is now on the shelves in many UK grocery retail outlets containing products like strawberries, mushrooms, grapes and gooseberries.
At Packaging Automation we work closely with all packaging suppliers and are here to help our customers face the challenge of developing eco-friendly packaging for their products. This includes free use of our packaging trial, test and development facility, and advice on choosing the most appropriate packaging materials including trays and film.
For more information:
Packaging Automation Ltd
Packaging Automation LtdEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date: 6/29/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: