- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Potato markets supported by confirmation of low yields throughout Western Europe"
- Brazil holds interest rates
- China hits back at Trump: Tariffs on $60 billion of US goods
- How cauliflower took over your pizza, your kitchen, and the world
- Spain: A project to fight against fraud and varietal piracy in citrus fruits
Top 5 -last month
- 'French specialties are gaining importance in German-speaking Switzerland'
- Teen sells watermelons to pay his way through police college
- Turkey: Tomato growers in Karacabey request increase in tomato prices
- Australia: Rain in New South Wales & Queensland
- Chile: Quality will put a ceiling on the demand for cherries
Top 5 -last week
Vitacress introduces recyclable plastic for living herb pots
Vitacress recognised the challenge highlighted by WRAP that black plastic packaging can’t be sent for recycling by local authorities and that most is ultimately diverted to landfill. In switching to grey packaging, the company is ensuring that the 20 million living herb pots it packs every year can be recycled.
The new pots are rolling out next month and, by the end of September 2018, all the business’ living herb pots will be grey, meaning more than 176 tonnes of plastic waste – currently going into landfill – can be recycled every year.
Vitacress Herbs, which supplies a number of UK supermarkets with living and fresh cut herbs, is committed to caring for, protecting and enhancing nature and the communities in which it operates. The business’ long-term goal is to make all packaging elements more sustainable, and made with either 100% recyclable or renewable materials.
Simon Conway, Managing Director of Vitacress Herbs: “Anyone who watched the Blue Planet programme in late 2017 can’t fail to appreciate the damaging impact that single use plastic is having on our planet today."
“Vitacress Herbs is committed to making our world a better place in terms of sustainability and I am proud of the speed at which our team have worked to move away from an unrecyclable black pot to a recyclable one. Our research and development teams are now looking to develop sustainable non-plastic solutions.”
For more information:
Vitacress Press Office
Tel.: +44 01189 475956
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Small traders’ revenue drops as shoppers avoid plastic packaging
- 09/20/2018 HOFER discounter launches offensive to reduce packaging waste
- 09/18/2018 “Sorting Brussels sprouts optically halves staff needed”
- 09/18/2018 New wok and oven vegetable packs at Albert Heijn
- 09/17/2018 Turning waste products into bioplastics
- 09/17/2018 Waitrose to have loose fruit and vegetable plastic bags removed by spring 2019
- 09/13/2018 Plastic waste almost beats pricing
- 09/13/2018 Iceland to stop selling plastic-packaged bananas
- 09/13/2018 New packaging law applies starting 01.01.2019
- 09/13/2018 Sun World moves packing operations in-house
- 09/12/2018 Potatoes as potato packaging
- 09/12/2018 ''CartoPaper is the sustainable potato packaging for large packers''
- 09/11/2018 Alternative packaging for food made from palm leaves
- 09/06/2018 Are retailers relying too much on plastic packaging?
- 09/06/2018 Aldi announces next step in phasing out plastic packaging for fruit & veg
- 09/06/2018 New packaging solution for Sweet Heart grapes
- 09/05/2018 California grape grower announces launch of top seal packaging
- 09/05/2018 Ellips-Elisam takes over JDC's optical sorter sales activities
- 09/04/2018 First compostable top seal strawberry punnet launched
- 08/31/2018 Pouch bag for watermelon slices launched