Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Photo report Hort Connections 2018
The second edition of Hort Connections took place in Brisbane's Convention Centre last week. The conference kicked off Monday evening with the opening and trade fair, with sessions running Tuesday and Wednesday alongside the trade fair. The event rounded off with the traditional Gala Dinner on Wednesday evening.
The event was very well organised this year with interesting sessions and still plenty of time to visit the trade show. The stand holders seemed very pleased with the flow of people through the hall and at times it was very busy.
Click here for the photo report
Within the stand holders there were a lot of packing machine companies present and it seems there is a lot of competition on the Australian market between the companies, with a lot of European manufacturers entering or upping their presence.
Plastic crates as well as cardboard packing also had a big presence, with some very innovative new concepts on show. Companies with IT stock monitoring systems, relative newcomers to the fresh produce sector, were out in numbers, all with great ways to track and manage your produce through the chain.
There were around 3000 delegates at the event, an increase of 500 on last year. 195 companies exhibited at the trade show, 30 more than in 2017.
In the coming days FreshPlaza will report on the various session which took place at the event.
Meanwhile, you can Click here for the photo report of the show.
Next year Hort Connections will take place in Melbourne.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: