Job offersmore »
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Cherries in wicker baskets
A cherry producer from Vignola packages the produce in wicker baskets. Six baskets are placed in a crate for a total weight of 4.5 kg.
This solution is adopted for the premium produce, sold at a price per kg that is above average. Considering that, on 18th June 2018, the price hovered between €3.5 and 6/kg, baskets had a higher price.
The producer tucks the stalks underneath, so the visual impact is more appealing.
Over the next few days, an experiment will be carried out at the Vignola market. In collaboration with Ghelfi Ondulati, a few producers will receive packaging to be activated by them through a QR Code. Final consumers will find out more about the place and time of harvesting, packaging and company information.
This is made possible thanks to a new machine recently purchased by Ghelfi.
Publication date: 6/21/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: