Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Lijiang establishes first experimental district for "green food brands"
Lijiang City in Yunnan has established the world's first experimental district for "green food brands". A press conference was organized in Kunming on June 10th, 2018. Green foods require production in a well-preserved natural environment. This ensures that the production process does not add to environmental pollution and guarantees food safety. The water in Lijiang is clean and the soil is fertile. This environment is ideal for alternative agricultural development and production of ecological agricultural products on an industrial scale.
The unique environment of Lijiang, its rich natural resources, and the excellent weather conditions are ideal for such specialty fruits as Huaping mangoes, 2700 apples, Lijiang snow peaches, soft seed pomegranates, and Wo oranges. Lijiang also offers an excellent environment for the world's first experimental district for "green food brands".
The surface area devoted to Huaping mango plantations covers 13,533 hectares. An area of 667 hectares has obtained European Union certification for organic production and is designated as China's organically certified experimental area. This is the northernmost mango plantation for high-quality, late-season Chinese mangoes.
Publication date: 6/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: