Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina: Authorities extend the emergency for apples and pears
The Government extended the economic, productive, financial, and social emergency for the pears and apples production chain of the provinces of Neuquen, Río Negro, Mendoza, San Juan and La Pampa for a year.
The emergency was declared by Law 27,354 and its amendments; today's decree, 517/2018, extended the emergency.
"Decree 1125/2017, issued last January, provided special benefits to producers, packers, cold storage facilities, marketers and industrialists, granting an extension until June 30, 2018 on the general maturities for the payment of tax obligations and social security, operated or operating from June 4, 2017 until May 31, 2018," stated the Ministry of Agribusiness.
"This is our way of moving forward on one of the points discussed during the Pear and Apple Competitiveness Roundtable and our response to a request from the sector and from legislators and chambers," said the Minister of Agricultural Industry, Luis Miguel Etchevehere. Independent cold storage facilities will also benefit from the law.
Publication date: 6/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: