Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina: Authorities extend the emergency for apples and pears
The Government extended the economic, productive, financial, and social emergency for the pears and apples production chain of the provinces of Neuquen, Río Negro, Mendoza, San Juan and La Pampa for a year.
The emergency was declared by Law 27,354 and its amendments; today's decree, 517/2018, extended the emergency.
"Decree 1125/2017, issued last January, provided special benefits to producers, packers, cold storage facilities, marketers and industrialists, granting an extension until June 30, 2018 on the general maturities for the payment of tax obligations and social security, operated or operating from June 4, 2017 until May 31, 2018," stated the Ministry of Agribusiness.
"This is our way of moving forward on one of the points discussed during the Pear and Apple Competitiveness Roundtable and our response to a request from the sector and from legislators and chambers," said the Minister of Agricultural Industry, Luis Miguel Etchevehere. Independent cold storage facilities will also benefit from the law.
Publication date: 6/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: