Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
11th anual congress AMHPAC, Mexico
Mexico: Decisions on diversification of export destinations expected
“At this year's convention, ProMéxico will deliver the results of the research that is being done on the new markets as well as the opportunities to diversify crops and added value. It’s expected to make decisions in this regard. We, AMHPAC, will make all this information available to the members, as well as the supports that are being sought, so that the producers make the decision to go to these new destinations”, explains Alfredo Díaz Belmontes, the CEO of AMHPAC (Asociación Mexicana de Horticultura Protegida).
The 11th annual congress of AMHPAC will be held during the days 22 till 24 of August in Cancún, Mexico. The main topics that will be discussed this year are technical innovations, a continuation with the topic of family businesses (like last year), problems of logistics and transport to new markets, the current status of NAFTA and a renewal of the Suspension Agreement for Mexican Tomatoes, and, lastly, the sustainability of the Protected Horticulture.
The diversification of export destinations is a topic that has been mentioned by Díaz in previous articles. “Europe and Asia with special emphasis on processed crops with added value for the food industry are most the attractive new markets in our opinion. Even for the pharmaceutical and the cosmetics industry (think about tomato and cucumber moisturizers).”
The programme of conferences and activities is confirmed. This will be the conferences during the congress:
- Conference 1 - Aeroponics: An alternative for producing protected crops in Mexico.
Prometeo Sánchez García /Professor - Researcher of the Post-Graduate College in Agricultural Sciences.
- Conference 2 - Generational transition of family businesses.
Anders Ludvigson /Manager - President of Svensson.
- Conference 3 - Renewable energies.
Raúl Alberto Sánchez Velasco / International Consultant.
- Conference 4 - Panel: Trend and importance of data management for a greenhouse operation.
Wil Lammers/ President of Hortimax America.
- Conference 5 - Natural and organic: How consumers are driving this market. Steven Borst /General Global Manager of Alltech Crop Science.
- Conference 6 - Panel: Logistics for new markets.
GPC and Welldex representatives.
- Conference 7 - Sustainable Urban Delta (Where agriculture is going in the future).
Meiny Prins /CEO of Priva International.
- Keynote Conference 8 - Historical Analysis of Mexico.
Francisco Martín Moreno / Speakers Mexico.
Click here to find out more about the congress.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: