Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
54% growth of Mexican agro-food exports to China in five months
Agro-food exports from Mexico to China grew by 54% in the first five months of 2018 alone, compared to the same period last year, generating more than 320 million dollars in turnover. This is a result of the new bilateral relationship, characterised by freer trade, as well as greater cooperation and investments.
This was reported in a statement by the authorities of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (SAGARPA) and the General Administration of Customs and Health of the People's Republic of China, in the framework of the signing of agreements for the export of pork by-products and the expansion of Mexican berry trade.
At the event, the Deputy Minister of the General Administration of Customs and Health of China, Wang Lingjun, highlighted the friendship of Mexicans and that market's potential when it comes to agro-food trade between the two countries. The agreements signed will allow Chinese consumers to enjoy more quality Mexican products.
He announced that China is looking to open its market to more Mexican products. To date, 16 have been authorised, including tequila, avocado, pork and beef, raspberry and blueberries, white corn, dairy products and tobacco. Bananas will likely also be added to the list soon.
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: