Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Apple price will reflect weather conditions
Sudden hailstorm in Gansu
Large parts of Gansu were hit by a sudden hailstorm during the afternoon and evening of June 10th, 2018. In some areas the hailstorm lasted more than 20 minutes. Agricultural crops suffered severe damage. In Longnan City the hail came down for 25 minutes and covered the ground in a 5 cm layer. Many roads were closed because of weather conditions.
Pingliang City, the "hometown of apples" in Gansu, also suffered severe damage. More than 2,667 hectares of apple orchards were hit by the hailstorm. The apples in the affected orchards instantly turned from commercial products to secondhand fruit. The high-quality apples from this area maintain an impressive price in an apple market that is less than ideal. Not only did the apples suffer from frostbite earlier this year, but now this hailstorm hit them hard. Apple farmers say that these weather conditions will have significant influence on the price of apples.
Source: iFresh Fair Asia
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: