Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Grapefruits: Pink superfood bombsIts taste, a cross between an orange and a pomelo, means it will probably not be love at first bite. However, this superfood should absolutely still be on your grocery shopping list, for at least four good reasons.
1. It is extremely good for sustainable weight loss.Very low in calories, while having a very high water, the grapefruit will increase your satiety without risking weight gain. Additionally, its low GI will keep hunger at bay. According to Harvard Medical School, grapefruit has a glycemic index of 25, meaning that it won’t spike your blood sugar levels. Studies of animals have shown that eating grapefruit can be more effective than anti-obesity drugs.
2. Reduction of celluliteBecause it contains the enzyme bromelaine, shown to be effective in breaking down cellulite, grapefruit can act as a natural treatment of dimples. Its high levels of anti-inflammatory and other skin-cleansing agents also enhance its powers in this regard.
3. It is really high in vitamin CHalf of a grapefruit contains at least half of typical vitamin C requirements for the average adult, and various elements of your health will benefit consequently.
4. Eating grapefruit is good for your heartThe American Heart Association states that women could possibly reduce their risk for ischemic stroke by increasing their flavanoids, which can be found in certain citrus fruits, one of which happens to be grapefruit. Also containing choline, potassium, lycopene and fibre, this fruit is fantastic in maintaining a healthy heart.
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: