Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The US bans imports of pomegranates arils from Peru
According to information provided by the Agricultural Office of Chile in the United States, the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) stated that it would modify the current regulations for the entry of fruit and vegetables, with the objective of prohibiting the importation of Pomegranate Arils from Peru to the United States due to the presence of the Mediterranean fruit fly (Ceratitis capitata).
According to this Communiqué, APHIS is taking this action in response to two detections of larvae of this fly (Medfly) in commercial shipments of pomegranate arils from Peru. In addition, APHIS would also be updating their Miscellaneous and Processed Products Import Manual.
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: