Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Avocado led non-traditional exports in April
Exports of non-traditional products totaled US $1.012 billion in April, 27.2% more than in the same month of 2017, reported the Central Reserve Bank (BCR). In terms of value, they were led by fresh avocado exports, which grew by 4.9% in April.
This result was mainly due to higher sales of agricultural products, fishing, iron and steel-metallurgical products, chemical, and non-metallic mining products.
The volume of non-traditional products increased by 19.9% in April, while the average price increased by 6.1%.
Other products that stood out for their year-on-year growth were frozen squid (178.3%), zinc products (103.8%), preserved squid (238.6%), shrimp feed (19.6%), and fresh mangoes (130.6%). The only export to decline in the period were fresh grape exports (-2%).
The main destination regions were the European Union (44.2%), North America (16.6%), Andean Countries (10.1%), and Asia (81.5%).
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: