Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peruvian blueberry exports to China up 12-fold in the first quarter
The Peruvian Export Association (ACDEX) reported that Peruvian blueberry export to China reached an export value of 1.2 million USD, which is an increase of 1270% in comparison with the same period last year. A representative of ACDEX said: "Chinese consumers love healthy, high-quality products. They are willing to pay a relatively high price, which is why blueberries find such a warm welcome on the Chinese market."
Data shows that the Peruvian export value in the first quarter reached 48.6 million USD, which is an increase of 230% in comparison with the same period last year. China is the fifth-largest export destination for Peru, just behind the USA (31.7 million USD), the Netherlands (9.55 million USD), the UK (3.2 million USD), and Canada. In addition, Peru exported blueberries last year with a total value of 360 million USD. China was the fourth largest importer. Analysts of the ACDEX point out the enormous potential of the Chinese market. Nearly 70% of the Chinese population is over 25 years old and pays attention to a healthy lifestyle. Furthermore, their purchasing power is immense.
Source: Overseas South American Chinese Online
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: