Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Thailand: Kan Yao durian sells for record ฿ 800,000At a recent auction, held at the “Nonthaburi: The King of Durian”-expo, a Kan Yao durian was sold for a record-breaking ฿ 800,000 (€21,140) while the top nine durians fetched ฿ 2.74 million (€72,400) combined.
The Kan Yao durian was purchased by Chaiwat Jamnongkan, with the proceeds going to charity. The sale topped last year’s record of ฿ 310,000.
The next highest auction price was ฿ 510,000 for a Mon Thong durian from Suan Lung Moo. The King of Durian expo is held to promote excellence in durian farming, a historically significant trade of Nonthaburi province.
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: