Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Thai Golden Pillow Durian sales grow by 125% in China
In recent years, more and more citizens have been choosing durian, which meant the demand got bigger and bigger. And this year, durian has suddenly become a kind of "online celebrity" fruit, turning into the hit of all the E-commerce merchants. The Thai Golden Pillow Durian is the main product on the Chinese market. The season is from April to June. Benefiting from the high-potential market in China, the export volume of Thailand has kept increasing continuously for 14 months. In May 2018, the export volume of durians reached 56 thousand tons, a seven-fold increase compared to that of last year.
As the recent statistics of Thai Business Department show, in April, Thailand exported 120 thousand tons of durians in total, 56 thousand of which were sold to China. This year, the price has increased to 150 baht per kilo while last year they were only 100 baht, which means a 50% price increase.
Insiders say that, as the E-commerce merchants of fresh products reshuffle, the possibility of any variety being stuck in a price war is very low. However, with the increased consumption, consumers may not be that sensitive to price but their demands for quality will be higher. "Thai durian, with its high-quality, mature taste and reasonable price, is looking to become a hit product loved by all Chinese people."
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: