Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tunisia: Fruit export value rises to TND31.5 million, up 70%From January 2 up to June 7 2018, fruit exports have grown by 70% in value, to 31.5 million dinars (€10.2 mln), against 18.5 million dinars (€6.0 mln), during the same period last season, the Ministry of Agriculture, Water Resources and Fisheries announced Monday.
The quantities of fruit exported increased by 40% to 9,296 tons compared with 6,630 tons in the same period of the previous season. Apricots ranked first within the export, shipping over 3.36 million tons, worth of 11.6 million dinars (€3.8 mln) The Ministry of Agriculture explained this increase by higher exports to the Libyan market.
As a result, the quantities of fruit exported to Libya increased by 113% in quantities to 4,000 tons and by 300% in value. During this season, Tunisia has exported 2,407 tons of peaches and 895 tons of apricots to Libya. Similarly, exports of fruit to the Italian market grew by 48.7% in quantities to 2,536 tons and 123.4% in value to 4.3 MD million dinars (€1.4 mln).
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: