Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
In fruits and vegetables division
Thomas Averhoff to join Landgard Nord managementAs of July 1, 2018, Thomas Averhoff will join the operational management of Landgard Nord in the fruit and vegetables division. As a member of the board of Landgard Nord, he will be responsible for sales and procurement as well as further internationalization, especially in the fruit and overseas business.
In his new function Thomas will support the other managing directors of Landgard Nord, Marc Beckmann and Stefan Reincke. Thomas Averhoff is a proven fruit expert. He has been Managing Director of UNIVEG/Germany since 2009 and has been very successful in various management positions for UNIVEG for more than 25 years, until the end of 2016.
Landgard Nord's management is strengthened as part of the strategic expansion of the international grower structure, product portfolio and fruit services, particularly in overseas and Asian markets. The aim is to ensure supply for customers in the international fruit segment and overseas area by means of easily plannable, first-hand goods procurement from their own Landgard member companies and to ensure professional processes with maximum security and traceability.
“With these structural and personnel decisions, we are currently taking the next step in the internationalization of Landgard as a marketing cooperative with our more than 3,300 member companies. With Thomas Averhoff, we are strengthening both the sales activities in the northern region with Marc Beckmann and his team, as well as the fruit and overseas expertise with Stefan Reinke and his team.”
“An essential component of our services for strategic customers are our managers and teams with excellent product competence and market knowledge. They are all committed professionals who know their customers and markets. That is why we are pleased to further strengthen an alreay strong management team headed by our Chief Representative Labinot Elshani in the Fruit & Vegetables Division," said Armin Rehberg, CEO of Landgard eG.
The range of services for customers ranges from one-on-one goods sourcing from overseas with direct access to production, experienced teams in the overseas business, to sourcing and production planning for bananas, overseas products and exotic goods. Then there are the efficient and experienced supply structures, new, state-of-the-art and sustainable maturing processes and a new, long-term secure platform south of Hamburg. This functions as an new logistics location with integrated packing and service center and it is a hub for Northern Germany. The range of services is rounded off by experienced local QM/QS experts and additional added value through a clear innovation focus.
In this context, at Rade, to the south of Hamburg, currently a new 13,000-square-meter warehouse is being constructed as a distribution and processing site with numerous ripening chambers and sustainable, energy-efficient and state-of-the-art cooling technology. The opening of the new location is scheduled for October 2018.
For more information:
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: