Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Arka Udaya, a new mango variety
People in the state of Odisha will soon be able to enjoy a new variety of mango; the Arka Udaya. The Bengaluru-based Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR) has decided to introduce the variety this year. The Arka Udaya is a sweet, high-yielding variety of mango with a long shelf-life. The mango can stay fresh at room temperature for about 10 days without refrigeration.
IIHR Director MR Dinesh said the new mango variety developed by the fruit crops division of the institute has been handed over to Central Horticulture Extension Station (CHES), Bhubaneswar. “The agro-scientists at CHES will take up the multiplication and distribute it among farmers. Arka Udaya is a hybrid made by crossing Amprapali and Arka Anmol, both varieties released from IIHR earlier,” he told The New India Express.
The new mango variety is one of the best varieties which are suitable for high density plantation. It is a late-season variety and yields after other mango fruit trees have stopped fruition. The mango tree bears fruit every year.
Publication date: 6/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: