Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Arka Udaya, a new mango variety
People in the state of Odisha will soon be able to enjoy a new variety of mango; the Arka Udaya. The Bengaluru-based Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR) has decided to introduce the variety this year. The Arka Udaya is a sweet, high-yielding variety of mango with a long shelf-life. The mango can stay fresh at room temperature for about 10 days without refrigeration.
IIHR Director MR Dinesh said the new mango variety developed by the fruit crops division of the institute has been handed over to Central Horticulture Extension Station (CHES), Bhubaneswar. “The agro-scientists at CHES will take up the multiplication and distribute it among farmers. Arka Udaya is a hybrid made by crossing Amprapali and Arka Anmol, both varieties released from IIHR earlier,” he told The New India Express.
The new mango variety is one of the best varieties which are suitable for high density plantation. It is a late-season variety and yields after other mango fruit trees have stopped fruition. The mango tree bears fruit every year.
Publication date: 6/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: