Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Bengal to export mangoes to DubaiWest Bengal produced around 90,000 tons of mangoes this year and is set to export part of this production to Dubai and Hong Kong, said a senior minister on Saturday. Yields are good, despite the inclement weather, and the fruit’s consumption remains unaffected by the Nipah virus scare.
“This year’s mango production in West Bengal was almost around 90,000 tons, despite the fact that some mangoes were destroyed during heavy rainfall. One can say the production was good this year,” said Abdur Razzak Mollah, Minister-in-charge of Food Processing Industries and Horticulture, West Bengal.
According to an article on odishatv.in, Mollah said the state government is exploring export possibilities of the fruit to the Middle East, Europe and South East Asia. “This year, the mango producers have made export connections with Hong-Kong. Under the government’s initiative, mangoes will be exported to Dubai in bulk,” he revealed.
Publication date: 6/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: