Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Bengal to export mangoes to DubaiWest Bengal produced around 90,000 tons of mangoes this year and is set to export part of this production to Dubai and Hong Kong, said a senior minister on Saturday. Yields are good, despite the inclement weather, and the fruit’s consumption remains unaffected by the Nipah virus scare.
“This year’s mango production in West Bengal was almost around 90,000 tons, despite the fact that some mangoes were destroyed during heavy rainfall. One can say the production was good this year,” said Abdur Razzak Mollah, Minister-in-charge of Food Processing Industries and Horticulture, West Bengal.
According to an article on odishatv.in, Mollah said the state government is exploring export possibilities of the fruit to the Middle East, Europe and South East Asia. “This year, the mango producers have made export connections with Hong-Kong. Under the government’s initiative, mangoes will be exported to Dubai in bulk,” he revealed.
Publication date: 6/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: