Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cameroon: Growers warned against dreaded banana/plantain diseaseResearchers have warned plantain and banana farmers of the disastrous economic consequences of the Banana Bunchy Top Disease (BBTD). The disease that was discovered in the South region of Cameroon in 2008 can reduce production to zero, researchers have warned.
Speaking during an exposé late last year to banana/plantain managers, researcher Okolle Justin warned that there was need for caution so that the disease will never spread to the South West and Littoral regions. The researcher has done extensive research on BBTD. Banana/plantains remain one of the most highly produced and consumed crops in Cameroon.
Publication date: 6/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: