Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Busy tradeshow day at London Produce Show
This week saw the 5th edition of the London Produce Show, the trade fair was, once again held in the luxurious Grosvenor House Hotel, right across from Hyde Park. The hotel's ballroom was filled to bursting with visitors to the show, especially in the morning.
The London Produce Show takes place over three days. Besides the trade show, there are also various other activities. These include seminars and tours, such as retail, production, wholesale market, and food service tours, through London.
The exhibitors were pleased with the number of visitors at the trade fair day. They were also pleased with the organisation of the event. At times it was busier than others. The quieter times were because of seminars that were being held.
This year there were many familiar faces, some of which were proudly displaying a 5th year placard, but there were also quite a few new faces.
The UK, US and South America were well represented as was Europe.
The London Produce Show was opened on Wednesday with a cocktail party. Today, the event will end with various tours through London. A complete photo report, with photos of all the exhibitors, will be published on Monday.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: