Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia will be able to export bananas to Argentina
According to official sources, the National Health and Agri-Food Quality Service of Argentina (Senasa) has authorized the entry of Colombian bananas to their country.
The Colombian Agricultural Institute (ICA) and the Colombian embassy in Argentina led the work to obtain the endorsement of Senasa, stated the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism.
The head of the portfolio, Maria Lorena Gutierrez, said that entering this new market was part of their policy to diversify the country's export basket, which includes products such as beef, Hass avocados, pineapple, and pitahaya.
Last year Colombia's banana exports amounted to 918 million dollars. In the first quarter of this year, the country exported bananas for about 224 million dollars.
Currently Colombia exports this fruit to more than 20 countries, including Germany, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Canada, China, North Korea, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Japan, and Morocco.
Publication date: 6/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: