Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Registration open for 2018 Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament
Registration is now open for the 2018 Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament, taking place Monday August 27 at the Oasis Golf Club near Cincinnati, Ohio. This year marks the 10th anniversary since Tip’s passing. The event will connect industry colleagues to benefit the United Fresh Start Foundation’s programs and activities to increase children’s access to fresh fruits and vegetables.
“We appreciate the Tip Murphy Legacy Committee and their continued support for the United Fresh Start Foundation,” said Tom Stenzel, President & CEO, United Fresh Produce Association. “This event will be an excellent opportunity to catch-up with old friends, and to support a cause that moves our industry forward and benefits the next generation of produce consumers.”
This is the fifth consecutive year that Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament has supported the United Fresh Start Foundation. United Fresh says the event has helped provide salad bars to 17 schools and supported additional programs to grow the foundation’s impact in communities across the country.
The Tip Murphy Legacy Golf Tournament was developed to honor the life and career of Terrence "Tip" Murphy, a 15-year veteran of the produce industry. Tip was Division Vice President of Retail Sales for Ready Pac Foods when he passed unexpectedly in July 2008 at age 48. His career also included 13 years with Chiquita Brands International.
The Oasis Golf Club is Tip’s hometown course and features a championship, links style, par 72, 18-hole golf course designed by Arnold Palmer. Registration is $350/golfer; $1,400/foursome and includes lunch, 18 holes with cart, contest holes, including closet-to-the-pin and longest drive, and an awards reception.
Attendees can register as an individual or team. Sponsorships and opportunities to support the on-site raffle are available.
For more information:
United Fresh Start Foundation
Tel: +1 (202) 303-3407
Publication date: 6/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: