Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Increase in French strawberries this year
According to preliminary figures from the Minister of Agriculture, French strawberry production should reach 59,540 tons in 2018. This is 6% more than in 2017 and 4% above the 2013-2014 average.
Frost in February and March damaged flowers and the lack of sun at the start of spring led to a one to two week delay in production in all regions. On the 1st May 2018, national acreage was estimated to reach 3,370 hectares, a 1% increase over the year and 3% above the 2013-2017 average. The South West and the South East, the main production basins, saw an increase over the year as well as compared to the 2013-2017 average.
Open air production acreage is stable over the year whilst greenhouse production continues to develop, notably in the PACA region (+3%) and Aquitaine. The increase in greenhouse acreage is due to better yield using this production method.
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: