- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Akylux polypropylene boxes are becoming preferred choice to transport vegetables and fruits
Advantages of polypropylene boxes include durability, a light weight, sustainability and versatility. They are stackable and fulfil the requirements of the supply chain, water/humidity resistant and 100% recyclable.
DS Smith Plastics is a leading manufacturer of Akylux® polypropylene boxes in Spain, where they are in demand for the transportation of fresh vegetables (especially asparagus and broccoli) and some fruits.
Different from other types of packaging used to store and transport vegetable and fruits, polypropylene boxes are durable and resistant, they can be put to low temperatures and even immersed in water. The durability also protects perishable products from the wear and tear associated with their supply chains. Furthermore, polypropylene plastics packaging ensures your product shows up on store shelves looking as good as new.
The Akylux Polypropylene sheets are produced in place in DS Smith Plastics factories and this material is easy to transform into different packaging. That´s why DS Smith provides unlimited design options and all packaging is custom-made, according to the customer’s needs.
Some of the benefits of polypropylene boxes reside in their versatility, as they can be manufactured in limitless shapes and colours. They can have open handles for easy handling and be stackable which reduces costs associated with storage and transportation.
The lightness of plastic is also closely ties to its superior sustainability. Indeed, its comparatively low weight contributes to its lower energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions over other materials.
When selecting packaging to store and transport their products from farms to grocery retailers, producers take different factors in consideration. The top five factors include: durability to reduce wastage of product during transport and have them ready to display at the end of their journey; lightweight; sustainable; versatile and 100% recyclable.
Akylux polypropylene boxes offer all of the above five benefits. The combination of durability and lightweight protects the products while reducing product waste and transportation cost. They can be reused and they are recyclable at the end of their useful life.
For more information:
DS Smith Plc
350 Euston Road
London - NW1 3AX
Tel.: +44 (0)20 7756 1800
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Customers are into fruit and vegetables on corrugated board trays
- 10/18/2018 Nigeria: Introducing re-usable plastic crates for vegetables in 2019
- 10/18/2018 Country of Origin labelling a step closer to law
- 10/18/2018 Coveris presents fully recyclable PE film for Co-op
- 10/16/2018 New Tiny Tim's mini avocado bag launched
- 10/15/2018 Spain: New packaging format that reduces plastic use by 99%
- 10/12/2018 Denmark introduces climate label for food
- 10/10/2018 South Africa: Woolworths to trial plastic bag free store
- 10/10/2018 First software for optimal selection of fruit and veg packaging
- 10/09/2018 Corn grower and shipper offering new eco-friendly corn trays
- 10/09/2018 Lidl Ireland to remove black plastic packaging from fruit & vegetables
- 10/08/2018 Winscribe: resealable top seal packaging
- 10/08/2018 Coop tests organic vegetables without packaging
- 10/08/2018 Market Check: Greenpeace targets disposable bags
- 10/08/2018 Tesco will scrap 'best before' dates on fruit and vegetable lines
- 10/04/2018 Two new solutions by Plastica Sud at Fruit Attraction 2018
- 10/04/2018 New Zealand retailer New World enters war against plastic waste
- 10/03/2018 Organto streamlines receiving and packaging operations
- 09/28/2018 Produce packaging company and labeling system manufacturer enter partnership
- 09/27/2018 UK: Postal service tells public to stop mailing chip bags