Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Akylux polypropylene boxes are becoming preferred choice to transport vegetables and fruitsDS Smith Plastics said that Akylux polypropylene boxes are becoming the preferred choice to transport vegetables and fruits
Advantages of polypropylene boxes include durability, a light weight, sustainability and versatility. They are stackable and fulfil the requirements of the supply chain, water/humidity resistant and 100% recyclable.
DS Smith Plastics is a leading manufacturer of Akylux® polypropylene boxes in Spain, where they are in demand for the transportation of fresh vegetables (especially asparagus and broccoli) and some fruits.
Different from other types of packaging used to store and transport vegetable and fruits, polypropylene boxes are durable and resistant, they can be put to low temperatures and even immersed in water. The durability also protects perishable products from the wear and tear associated with their supply chains. Furthermore, polypropylene plastics packaging ensures your product shows up on store shelves looking as good as new.
The Akylux Polypropylene sheets are produced in place in DS Smith Plastics factories and this material is easy to transform into different packaging. That´s why DS Smith provides unlimited design options and all packaging is custom-made, according to the customer’s needs.
Some of the benefits of polypropylene boxes reside in their versatility, as they can be manufactured in limitless shapes and colours. They can have open handles for easy handling and be stackable which reduces costs associated with storage and transportation.
The lightness of plastic is also closely ties to its superior sustainability. Indeed, its comparatively low weight contributes to its lower energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions over other materials.
When selecting packaging to store and transport their products from farms to grocery retailers, producers take different factors in consideration. The top five factors include: durability to reduce wastage of product during transport and have them ready to display at the end of their journey; lightweight; sustainable; versatile and 100% recyclable.
Akylux polypropylene boxes offer all of the above five benefits. The combination of durability and lightweight protects the products while reducing product waste and transportation cost. They can be reused and they are recyclable at the end of their useful life.
For more information:
DS Smith Plc
350 Euston Road
London - NW1 3AX
Tel.: +44 (0)20 7756 1800
Publication date: 5/18/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: