Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Togo: Juice company secures € 2.6 million to produce top-quality natural pineapple juiceTogolese firm Jus Délice just raised €2.6 million from the Moringa fund, making it the third largest African investment of the fund ever. The firm will use the monies to produce top-quality natural and organic pineapple juice. It targets the European market, which takes in more than 50% of globally consumed healthy organic juices. And this market is expected to grow by about 10% yearly.
Moringa’s financing will be used to build Togo’s most sophisticated juice-processing factory. It will also help Jus Délice develop a large network of farmers practising organic farming. This will be done with Label d’Or, a local firm created in 2012, which exports most of the country’s organic products. The projected network should count more than 7,500 farmers, regrouped as cooperatives and operating in diverse sectors, namely pineapple, mangoes and oils.
All these align with the firm’s goal to become the region’s leading natural juice producer. Moringa is an investment fund which targets agro-forestry projects in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America. It is sponsored by La Compagnie Benjamin de Rothschild (CBR), and supported by the African Development Bank (AfDB).
Publication date: 5/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: