Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Frits Meulen, Column KCB
'Dutch products have superior quality!"
There is an ample supply of Dutch greenhouse products available at the moment. The quality can also be described as excellent.
Over the last few years, Tomatoes have had very few quality problems throughout the season. They are, once again, excellent. There were some problems with bell peppers early in the season. This had to do with their stems. This is now over. There are only good bell peppers available. Dutch growers are proud of them. Many of these growers have registered for export programmes this year. These will be sent to countries such as the US, Japan, and China. Exporting to these countries requires extra effort from the sector. It is hoped this effort will be rewarded by high demand and better prices.
Aubergines have been practically problem-free since the start of the season. Cucumbers are also generally of good quality. In the Netherlands, varied cultivation methods are used to grow this product. This means there are new and somewhat older products available. This is reflected in their quality. It ranges from very good to the standard Class I.
The open field season started off well. Soon, the first Dutch iceberg lettuce are to be harvested. They have been matured early under canvasses. Currently, there is only Spanish iceberg lettuce on the market.
Publication date: 5/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: