- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- "Important goal when IQF freezing broccoli is maintaining bite and color"
- Colombia sends its second shipment of sweet citrus to the US
- First Midwestern harvest of Smitten apples
- Small cardboard trays and punnets for sustainable packaging, transport and presentation
- Turkey: High productivity for potato harvest in Bitlis
Top 5 -last week
North-east India: Bihar state government to sell vegetables
The project will run on the Bihar State Milk Co-operative Federation Ltd (Comfed) model. Just as Sudha milk is collected, processed and distributed, the same will be done with vegetables. The department will procure local produce from farmers and sell it to the public.
Co-operative minister Rana Randhir Singh said: "We have constituted cooperatives in 97 blocks of five districts (Patna, Nalanda, Vaishali, Samastipur and Begusarai) where the project will be initially launched. From October, we will start selling vegetables in the five cities from Sudha and Mother Dairy outlets."
As reported on telegraphindia.com, the state government will also build cold storage chains so that vegetables are still fresh when arriving at the market. Such an arrangement would ensure consumers get quality vegetables at competitive prices and should spare farmers from loading and unloading prices and transport cost.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 China: Online trade of fresh produce increased by 23.5% in first half of 2018
- 10/19/2018 Illegal imports of fruit and vegetables affecting Balochistan farmers
- 10/19/2018 UK reliance on Spanish horticulture is a fact
- 10/19/2018 India: Rising freight rates & traffic stops trouble Kashmir’s apple exports
- 10/19/2018 Sodexo embraces wonky fruit and vegetables
- 10/19/2018 Kenya to export over 40 percent of avocados & other fresh produce to China
- 10/18/2018 Peach and nectarine campaign completed
- 10/18/2018 Egyptian company Wadi El Nile aims to increase its exports to $12 mln next year
- 10/18/2018 Prices on Bonaire and Saba rising more than on St Eustatius
- 10/17/2018 Did Fresno Unified School district overpay by hundreds of thousands of dollars?
- 10/17/2018 The challenges of the Agri-food sector
- 10/17/2018 Moving location of fruit and vegetables in shops can lead to 15% sales increase
- 10/17/2018 Costa Rica works hard to expand export trade with China
- 10/17/2018 'Hungarian vegetable harvest steady around 1.9 mln tons'
- 10/16/2018 Romania imports 10 times more fruit and vegetables than it exported
- 10/16/2018 Taiwan to expand trade with Turkey
- 10/16/2018 Argentina has potential to export more fruit, but it must improve quality
- 10/16/2018 Minister Mwanamveka unhappy that Malawi is importing bananas
- 10/16/2018 Food products from Philippines aim for export to Russia
- 10/16/2018 Indonesian Minister of Agriculture Amran opens export market of mangosteen to Taiwan