Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Greek study to fight and predict PSA pathogen in kiwi's
Zeus kiwi has announced that they will be participating in an innovative study, in order to help eradicate the Pseudomonas Syringae pv actinidiae (PSA) pathogen in Greek kiwi fruit orchards.
"PSA is a real threat to kiwi cultivation, causing complete necrosis of the tree. It spreads rapidly and can cause complete destruction to the orchard. The way it has spread in the kiwi cultivation areas in Greece has not been studied as of yet. There is insufficient information on how to fight it, so the severity of the disease increases," shared Christina Manossis from Zeus.
The research will be conducted at the Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki, in cooperation with Zeus kiwi and other growers. The scientists will develop a model that can anticipate the presence of the bacteria.
"Zeus is well known in Greece for being a well structured PO, with decades of experience in growing kiwis. It's our corporate philosophy to be involved in research and development projects with the scope to improve agriculture. Zeus's vision is to contribute to research in order to preserve the future of agriculture, and spread knowledge to our farmers, facing day to day challenges in the agribusiness."
For more information:
Zeus Kiwi SA
Tel: +30 2351 053559
Fax: +30 2351 053901
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: