- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
- How fruit controls its maturation: Three feedback cycles regulate ethylene synthesis
- "Positive future for export of yellow passion fruit concentrated juice"
- India: Rising freight rates & traffic stops trouble Kashmir’s apple exports
- Growers in Morocco and Spain moving away from tomatoes
- "High demand for Peruvian ginger, especially from France"
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Vietnamese delicacies: Agricultural products rake in cash in global markets
Shisho, a common Vietnamese herb, sells for VND500-700 per leaf (€0.02-0.03) in Japan, used mostly by restaurants to wrap around food. In Vietnam, a leaf only costs between VND100 and 200.
Jackfruit seeds are often discarded in Vietnam, but this delicacy has found its way onto Japan's kitchen tables. They could be found for VND200,000 per kilogram (€7.45) in Japanese supermarkets.
Lime leaves, a Vietnamese herb that goes well with chicken, are now exported to European markets at VND22,000-24,000 per kilogram. In Vietnam, they might as well be free, as store owners often giveaway the leaves at zero cost as an add-on for other products.
Banana leaves are commonly used in Vietnam to wrap around rice cakes or green rice, often at the cost of VND15,000-20,000 per kilogram. However, they could fetch a very high price in Japan, sometimes for VND470,000 for a set of three.
A sweet and sour tropical fruit, dragonfruits are often sold in Japan at VND180,000-200,000 per kilogram. However, their prices in Vietnam can be as low as VND2,000 per kilogram instead.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 China: Online trade of fresh produce increased by 23.5% in first half of 2018
- 10/19/2018 Illegal imports of fruit and vegetables affecting Balochistan farmers
- 10/19/2018 UK reliance on Spanish horticulture is a fact
- 10/19/2018 India: Rising freight rates & traffic stops trouble Kashmir’s apple exports
- 10/19/2018 Sodexo embraces wonky fruit and vegetables
- 10/19/2018 Kenya to export over 40 percent of avocados & other fresh produce to China
- 10/18/2018 Peach and nectarine campaign completed
- 10/18/2018 Egyptian company Wadi El Nile aims to increase its exports to $12 mln next year
- 10/18/2018 Prices on Bonaire and Saba rising more than on St Eustatius
- 10/17/2018 Did Fresno Unified School district overpay by hundreds of thousands of dollars?
- 10/17/2018 The challenges of the Agri-food sector
- 10/17/2018 Moving location of fruit and vegetables in shops can lead to 15% sales increase
- 10/17/2018 Costa Rica works hard to expand export trade with China
- 10/17/2018 'Hungarian vegetable harvest steady around 1.9 mln tons'
- 10/16/2018 Romania imports 10 times more fruit and vegetables than it exported
- 10/16/2018 Taiwan to expand trade with Turkey
- 10/16/2018 Argentina has potential to export more fruit, but it must improve quality
- 10/16/2018 Minister Mwanamveka unhappy that Malawi is importing bananas
- 10/16/2018 Food products from Philippines aim for export to Russia
- 10/16/2018 Indonesian Minister of Agriculture Amran opens export market of mangosteen to Taiwan