Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Seedless watermelons dominate sales in Europe
The seedless watermelon Bouquet has turned Anecoop into the biggest Spanish watermelon operator, as revealed in the latest ranking published by the specialised magazine Alimarket in 2017. After 26 years, the firm continues to be a leader in its category in the European market. It has been supplying its products to the main distribution chains in 30 countries since 1991.
100% of Bouquet watermelons are produced in Spain. The fruit's cultivation is carried out by Spanish growers with a high degree of specialization in this fruit. Thanks to the Bouquet program, Anecoop has managed to extend the watermelon campaign from April to the end of August.
During this season, Anecoop plans to market 150,000 tonnes of watermelons, which are one of its flagship products. 80% of that volume corresponds to the seedless Bouquet watermelon. In 2017, Anecoop sold 132,000 tonnes.
At present, the seedless watermelon Bouquet accounts for 18% of all watermelons produced in Spain and 15% of all exports, and the product dominates sales in Europe.
Publication date: 5/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: