- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- ''Hurricane leads to sweet potato harvest problems in the US''
- Chinese kiwi prices on a roller coaster ride
- South African off-season avocados: “There are a lot of hectares coming”
- Together, Ramona Saa Lobelle and Gert-Jan Slobbe have been at Fortuna Frutos for 60 years
- AC Foods chooses blueberry vision from Unitec for quality sorting of blueberries
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
CAN (BC): Yellowpoint grower does big business in microgreens
Raised on a 200-acre Kootenay farm, growing has long been part of Susan’s DNA, but her early career path led elsewhere. When a chance meeting while on vacation introduced her to microgreens, “I was intrigued,” Susan recalls.
She also found her passion. “It’s the soil – I love it so much,” she says. “Getting my hands back in the dirt is what gets me up in the morning.”
Since marking FoodyBiz’s first anniversary Feb. 14, the response has been remarkable.
With a steady cycle of seeding and harvesting about 15 different varieties, Susan plants and harvests twice a week. Grown inside, in soil under lights, the microgreens are ready for harvest between nine and 12 days after sowing.
From her original 360 square feet of growing space – “The Micro-Can” – she recently doubled in size to keep up with the demand of local grocery stores, and added a new spring crunch salad to her line of broccoli, mustard, radish, red cabbage and Hot and Spicy microgreens mix.
“I’m always experimenting with different varieties and different mixes,” she says.
Read more at the Nanaimo News Bulletin
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Kiwi Atlántico celebrates 30th anniversary
- 10/15/2018 Together, Ramona Saa Lobelle and Gert-Jan Slobbe have been at Fortuna Frutos for 60 years
- 10/15/2018 Spain: "The popularity of Satsuma mandarins is growing again"
- 10/15/2018 Michael Walsh joins Seald Sweet
- 10/12/2018 Ethylene company to showcase its ripening products at Fresh Summit
- 10/12/2018 "We do not only want to be a part of the supply chain - we want to be every part."
- 10/12/2018 Spain: Trops' avocado processing plant starts operating
- 10/12/2018 "The fair's schedule will allow us to work and develop our winter programs"
- 10/12/2018 Shengxianchuanqi Complete 300 Million B Round Financing
- 10/12/2018 Flavorful Brands forms partnership with Bejo Seeds
- 10/12/2018 Major brand facelift for Ambrosia apples to be revealed
- 10/12/2018 Terra Exports opens South African Office
- 10/12/2018 "We will supply our American customers with the best Spanish lemons"
- 10/12/2018 Growth for Innovar: "We have gone further"
- 10/12/2018 30th anniversary of South Australia Produce Market
- 10/12/2018 Carrefour joins forces with Too Good to Go
- 10/12/2018 Mahindra Agri Solutions forms joint venture with Sumitomo Corporation
- 10/11/2018 Nonprofit certification and skill-building organization elects new chair and vice-chair
- 10/11/2018 PLS Plantations acquires Dulai Fruits
- 10/11/2018 Russian discounter wants to conquer Germany