- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Italian nut grower-shipper presents the new international supply chain project
The goal is to enhance the cultivation of walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds, creating a supply chain project with the producers in Central Europe and Central Asia, areas where the soil and climatic characteristics allow the crops to perform at their best.
The ambitious project, which foresees an investment of 2 million euros, has seen its kick-off already 3 years ago, thanks to the knowledge of the varietal characteristics of the cultivars identified by the Besana Group in almost 100 years of activity and, in first person, by the President Giuseppe "Pino" Calcagni in his long experience in the nut sector.
"The goal of the project is to increase the production of nuts, favoring the diffusion of valuable cultivars - said Pino Calcagni - The project also has very important social implications, such as the growth of poorly developed areas and the introduction of modern agricultural technologies among the local populations".
The Besana International development project is divided into several phases. The young plants of hazelnut, almond and walnut trees are multiplied by micro-propagation or grafting in important Italian and Spanish nurseries. The plants are then sent to three centers specialized in hardening, from which they are distributed to the European and Asian producers who participate in the project.
The Besana Group provides partners with technical assistance and support in the construction of irrigation systems, as well as consultancy on mechanization, which is fundamental for this type of agriculture.
With a view to cultivate plants suitable for the environment, in 2017 the Besana Group inaugurated in Kazakhstan three fields of varietal comparison of walnuts and hazelnuts. In these fields varieties originating from Europe, America and Asia were compared.
"In the past only the consumer products spoke for us, with market proposals that for several years now have seen us at the top in the retail market and industry - concluded the President – but from now on it will also be the model of integrated supply chain international to stand out. The partnership project we have set up is a new way of doing business: Starting from the selection of the cultivars, through the modernization and the support of the agricultural activity, up to the marketing of the product all over the world. A unique development project that helps all partners involved, for a final product with high added value."
Besana Group - The history of Besana has its roots in 1921 and since then has been steered always by the same family. The founder Emilio was followed by his brother Vincenzo and his nephew Giuseppe, up to the fourth generation of today, where Pino works side by side with his son Riccardo and his daughter Vittoria. Today Besana, whose headquarter has always been in San Gennaro Vesuviano (near Naples), operates in five continents, importing raw materials from 30 countries and processing annually 42,000 tons of dried fruit, dried fruit and seeds. The Group is one of the founding members of AlmaverdeBio, the first organic brand in Italy. In 2017, Besana's turnover reached 190 million euros, up 15% on previous years.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/11/2018 Chile is starting to use bees to increase the flowering of almond trees
- 10/11/2018 Date harvest yields close to expected results
- 10/08/2018 "Customers want to know what's in it and what's on it"
- 10/08/2018 Kazakhstan project unveiled for a nursery with modern equipment
- 10/02/2018 Ukraine walnut exports reach $100.8 million
- 09/27/2018 "Snack figs are very popular"
- 09/25/2018 Egypt starts planting two million palm trees of new types
- 09/21/2018 Report: Chinese imports of U.S. tree nuts likely to decrease in marketing year
- 09/19/2018 Pecan Nation wants to put the pecan on the map
- 09/19/2018 More domestic pistachio promotions expected this year
- 09/17/2018 Difficult export environment for 2018 Oregon hazelnut crop
- 09/14/2018 Egypt: HB Dates adds three production lines
- 09/14/2018 "France: "Walnut harvest looks pretty good"
- 09/07/2018 Ukraine could become the world’s third largest walnut producer this year
- 09/06/2018 "China: "Chestnut production in Liaoning down by about 10-15%"
- 09/05/2018 Record-sized crop forecast for Oregon hazelnuts
- 09/03/2018 2018 California Walnut Objective Measurement Report
- 08/30/2018 Chile: Internal consumption of dehydrated plum grows
- 08/28/2018 'Costa Rican pineapple rings popular with health-conscious consumers''
- 08/24/2018 US Nuts - Less competition under new Japan Free Trade Agreements