Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Because of Western sanctions
Russia will possibly ban import of American friesRussia is considering a ban on imported French fries from the US and other Western countries that have imposed sanctions against Moscow. Russia imported 94 percent of its French fries in 2017, but has bought the necessary equipment to these produce locally. The new equipment allows the production of 110,000 tons a year, while market demand is at around 106,000 tons.
"The introduction of restrictions on the supply of imported frozen French fries … will not only support domestic agricultural producers engaged in the production of raw potatoes, but will also contribute to the preservation of jobs at newly established processing enterprises and will increase the safety and quality of the product," Sergey Korolev, head of Russia’s National Horticultural Union told RT.
The first plant to produce French fries opened in April. Domestic production is expected to replace imported French fries, fully meeting Russian demand. Russia has been deciding how to respond to the new US sanctions imposed in April. Imports of pharmaceuticals, tobacco and other American products may also be banned.
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: