Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Washington Supreme Court: Farmworkers to be paid for more than just picking cropsThe Washington Supreme Court has ruled that farmworkers paid a piece rate as they work in fields and orchards, must get additional wages for their other tasks during the course of a workday.
The 5-4 decision released last Thursday affects wages in a vital part of the state’s economy: the agricultural industry. This industry produces more than $10 billion worth of crops and livestock annually while employing nearly 100,000 farmworkers.
However, thedailyworld.com reports that while the ruling is considered a victory for farmworkers, its practical effect is far from clear. The plaintiffs’ attorney says it will raise the pay of thousands of people who perform hard work in the fields and orchards. But industry representatives questioned whether the workers would end up seeing any net increase in take-home pay.
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: