- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
2018 American Fitness Index report
New Yorkers aren’t eating enough fruits and vegetables
Some 18.4 percent of New Yorkers eat three or more vegetables a day, 31.9 percent eat two or more fruits a day, says the report, which uses data from the Centers for Disease Control and the U.S. Department of Health.
Dr. Lisa Young, a New York City nutritionist and professor, said New York’s low numbers are troubling as consuming healthy produce fights obesity, heart disease and other chronic illnesses. “If they’re not eating their fruits and vegetables, what are they eating? They’re getting it from somewhere else and it’s not healthy.”
According to amny.com, New Yorkers said access to greens and fruits, and time out of their hectic schedules to prepare and cook with them, stood as the biggest roadblocks to eating healthier. A 2010 study from Columbia University is one of several that have found low-income neighbourhoods like Central Harlem lack major supermarkets, and the delis that are the sole source of groceries for those areas don’t sell fresh fruit and vegetables.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Who needs botox?
- 10/12/2018 The Chiquita blue sticker turns pink for a good cause!
- 10/11/2018 Omani women use cherimoya to develop remedy against hair loss
- 10/11/2018 Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- 10/08/2018 80% of retailers rally together to drive up veg consumption in UK
- 10/02/2018 Pumpkin donuts for Halloween
- 09/25/2018 Fruity beauty: Use of fruit in personal care products increases 10.7%
- 09/19/2018 ‘Agroecology can feed Europe pesticide-free in 2050’
- 09/19/2018 Cassava virus breaks out in Zambia
- 09/18/2018 Chiquita launches Pink Sticker program this October
- 09/14/2018 Tour de Fresh brings 46 more salad bars to U.S. schools in its 5th year
- 09/12/2018 Tomatoes could hold the key for infertility problems
- 09/06/2018 ‘French Fries: No. 1 vegetable toddlers consume’
- 09/05/2018 Trying fruit and veggie ideas in school lunches
- 09/05/2018 UK: 3.7 million children live in households that can't afford a healthy diet
- 09/04/2018 Camu-camu, an exotic fruit that could help tackle obesity
- 08/29/2018 "Agriculture must battle chronic disease"
- 08/22/2018 Strawberries to treat bowel disease?
- 08/22/2018 ‘Apples reverse ageing’
- 08/20/2018 Button mushrooms as treatment against diabetes?