Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Truck used to load spinach wreaks havocOn Monday evening, a truck caused significant damage to a warehouse in the Netherlands. The warehouse is located in Nieuwedijk in the town of Odiliapeel. The truck belongs to a company in Moerdijk. The truck got hooked on a steel door jamb after it has been rinsed. When it started to drive out of the warehouse, it dragged the entire front of the building down.
Truck driver, Marcel, says that in his 25 years as a truck driver, he has never experienced anything like this. Everything was fine when he reversed into the warehouse. The driver had, shortly before this, used the truck to load spinach. It, therefore, need a clean. After it was washed, the truck drove out with its air suspension in the driving position. The trailer was probably slightly higher than before the wash. That was enough to pull down the whole front side of the shed.
A crane was quickly dispatched to clear up the rubble.
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: