Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Truck used to load spinach wreaks havocOn Monday evening, a truck caused significant damage to a warehouse in the Netherlands. The warehouse is located in Nieuwedijk in the town of Odiliapeel. The truck belongs to a company in Moerdijk. The truck got hooked on a steel door jamb after it has been rinsed. When it started to drive out of the warehouse, it dragged the entire front of the building down.
Truck driver, Marcel, says that in his 25 years as a truck driver, he has never experienced anything like this. Everything was fine when he reversed into the warehouse. The driver had, shortly before this, used the truck to load spinach. It, therefore, need a clean. After it was washed, the truck drove out with its air suspension in the driving position. The trailer was probably slightly higher than before the wash. That was enough to pull down the whole front side of the shed.
A crane was quickly dispatched to clear up the rubble.
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: