Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Taiwan's T.S. Lines boosts its refrigerated capacity by 24 percent
As part of a significant expansion of its overall refrigerated capacity dedicated to serving intra-Asia trade, Taiwan’s T.S. Lines Ltd. has purchased 1,000 Carrier Transicold PrimeLINE® container refrigeration units. The shipping line’s refrigerated capacity will increase by about 24 percent, enabling T.S. Lines to accommodate growth of perishable and other refrigerated trade in lanes it serves. Carrier Transicold is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp.
“We commend T.S. Lines for its continued development of and investment in its refrigerated business,” said Willy Yeo, director of marketing, Global Container Refrigeration, Carrier Transicold. “The shipping line has long specified Carrier Transicold container refrigeration units for its fleet, and we appreciate the opportunity to continue serving its needs with our popular PrimeLINE unit, which has led the industry in sales for the past 10 years.”
High cooling capacity and rapid pulldown are particularly important to T.S. Lines for quickly cooling sensitive cargoes such as the tropical fruit durian, which produces large amounts of respiration heat and is often loaded hot.
Equipped with a digital scroll compressor, Carrier said "the PrimeLINE unit is ideally suited to meet these demands, with a reputation for energy efficiency and a value proposition that includes tight temperature control, high air-flow performance and excellent cost of ownership".
The PrimeLINE units are being installed on a combination of 40-foot high-cube containers and 20-foot containers. T.S. Lines uses Carrier Transicold refrigeration units exclusively and specifies the PrimeLINE model based on a number of factors, including its customers’ preference, Carrier Transicold sales and service support, and the unit’s reliability and overall performance.
A top-20 shipping line, T.S. Lines was established in 2001 and has offered refrigerated service for more than 12 years. T.S. Lines said it is committed to renewing its fleet with updated equipment to maintain a high level of customer service.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (315) 432-6621
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: