Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Increased volumes of Lemonade apple into US expected
The Giumarra Companies is entering its third season as the exclusive North American supplier of Lemonade™ variety apples and they aim to increase volumes and renew marketing objectives.
“We know from market research that apples are still one of consumers’ most-purchased items in the produce department. Consumers are seeking new, exciting flavors and Lemonade is a unique variety that fits the bill,” says Jason Bushong, Division Manager of Giumarra Wenatchee. “It’s a striking yellow apple and the flavor is refreshing and tangy-sweet with a hint of effervescence.”
Lemonade is currently grown solely in New Zealand, with plans to expand to North American growing regions. Mr. Bushong cites the apple’s fresh crop attributes as a differentiating factor.
“Our fresh crop Lemonade apples have an outstanding texture that delivers an elevated eating experience to consumers to keep them coming back for repeat purchases all season long,” says Mr. Bushong.
First shipments of Lemonade will arrive at the end of May to both East and West Coast ports. The season will conclude in August.
“We recently launched www.lemonadeapple.com as a tool for consumers to learn more about what sets this flavorful, golden-yellow apple apart in the produce department,” says Gary Caloroso, Regional Business Director for Giumarra. “We look forward to helping our retail customers increase sales by leveraging our website and providing additional marketing support such as in-store creative materials, demos, and social media.”
For more information:
The Giumarra Companies
Tel: +1 (213) 627-2900 ext. 1010
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: