Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Brazil is interested in Argentina's fruits
The trade mission carried out in Sao Paulo, Brazil, during the past week to boost the Argentine fruit sector in international markets culminated positively with requests to purchase 44 Argentine products, including citrus fruits and blueberries from Tucuman.
"This public-private articulation is what allows us to position Argentine foods in the world and we will continue to work with the Agency to strengthen the presence of our companies, and in particular of the SMEs, in the different buyer markets," said the Secretary of Food and Bio-economy, Andres Murchison, who headed the mission. "We also had the opportunity to visit the Central Market of San Pablo and observe the important presence of our high quality fruits in this market, which fills us with pride," he added.
There were business opportunities for blueberries, pears, apples, fresh grapes, nuts, and citrus fruits, such as oranges and mandarins. Mandarins are expected to enter the Brazilian market in about 60 days.
The mission also served to retain customers who make regular purchases of Argentine fruits. This activity was carried out within the framework of the APAS fair, organized by the supermarkets of San Pablo.
The fair allowed some companies to reach agreements with the main supermarket in Brazil, Pão de Açúcar, after several months of negotiations and audits.
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: