Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pink Lady wants to increase its consumption in Chile
Chilean producers and exporters of Pink Lady have shipped 98% of this exclusive apple to Europe for more than 20 years, supplying 60% of the old continent in the counter season and obtaining a higher return than with any other variety.
Despite its international success, in 2018 producers will try, for the first time, to position this apple in the domestic market, using a strong marketing strategy to attract local consumers.
"The Pink Lady apple is one of the greatest success stories when it comes to selling fresh fruit worldwide. It's much more than a variety, it's a brand that brings with it an apple with unique attributes, and consumers already recognize and trust it, "said Andres Alamos, Pink Lady Brand Manager for South America. He also stated that in the United Kingdom, the Pink Lady brand currently has 90% brand awareness among women.
The brand mainly focuses on conquering the female audience. All the work of the Pink Lady brand is based on highlighting its excellent attributes of flavor, color, and texture in a very attractive way, which appeals to the senses and delivers a character of its own to the fruit, based on its glamor.
In Chile, the marketing strategy will mainly be conducted through social networks, specifically through Facebook and Instagram. It will be an impressive marketing experiment designed for an apple, but not just any apple, for the Pink Lady, which, in addition to certifying its flavor offers consumers a concept of femininity through different values, such as health, beauty, physical, and moral well-being.
Source: SimFRUIT according to CP Pink Lady
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: